is a European competition for Towns and Villages. Each participating Country puts forward a representative Town and Village. The Town and Village are visited by the Jury and an assessment is made. The competition was founded in 1975, initially between
1 - Who organises the Competion ?
Overall organisations is by the " Association Européenne du Fleurissement et du Paysage" (A.E.F.P.).
AEFP is a company, incorporated under Belgian Law(s). Each participant country has its own organisation and is entitled to membership on the Board of Directors of the AEFP. The competition has enjoyed the support of the International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH) since its inception.
In individual countries the competition is supported and organised by Ministries/Departments of Agriculture, Environment, Tourism as well as horticultural bodies and associations.
2 - The Aim of the Competition
The overall aim of the competition is the improvement of the quality of life for local urban and village communities. To this end the competition fosters:
• the greening of towns and villages
• flowers, shrubs, green spaces, parks
• development which is environmentally and ecologically sensitive
• educational and communication initiatives which promote environmental awareness.
3 - Advantages of Joining
• enhance the reputation of your town, village, country
• facilitate contacts of a tourist, cultural nature
• improve the appearance and fabric of your towns and villages
• foster community spirit and enhance the quality of life
• enable citizens to assume ownership of their local environment